Watch Teepa Snow demonstrate respectful, compassionate ways to help someone with Alzheimer's to stop wanting to drive.
This video clip is an excerpt of "Progression of Dementia: Seeing Gems - Not Just Loss", a 2 hour training DVD for Alzheimer's/Dementia Caregivers, with Teepa Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA.
Know which stage of dementia your loved one or patient experiences to customize your caregiving techniques. In "Progression of Dementia", a 2 hour training program, Teepa Snow explains the appropriate levels of care needed during different stages of dementia, which types of behaviors to expect, appropriate activity programs and much more.
- why patients in later stages can't relax their muscles and how to safely handle them to avoid bruising
- how to reduce the risk of falls
- how to safeguard your relationship with the patient during the disease
- how to reduce unwanted behaviors by controlling the environment and effectively shifting their focus
- about appropriate activities (for an in depth activity program also see "Filling the Day with Meaning")
"Progression of Dementia: Seeing Gems - Not Just Loss" is presented by The Pines Education Institute of SW Florida and facilitated by Teepa Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA.
The Pines Education Insitute is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing education, outreach programs, support, resources and counseling to family members and geriatric caregivers