Can a little knowledge help the average person beat Alzheimer's? A new film called "Bread Head" is betting on it. It will be the first documentary aimed at educating people about today's best anti-Alzheimer's science. Changes in the brain begin decades before Alzheimer's symptoms. Therefore, the best way to fight Alzheimer's is to minimize risk before we get old. Watch this insightful interview.
The film is a journey to uncover ways of optimizing brain health and cognition, applicable to anyone and everyone, starting today. BREAD HEAD will move past the present science to explore what the future may look like for both the prevention and treatment of dementias such as Alzheimer's.
Continued below video...
Movie TopicsThe movie will look at the impact of diet on brain health and explore with leading experts how "low fat" nutritional guidelines may have affected the wellbeing of America across generations, both generally, and from the perspective of brain health. Additionally, we’ll cut through the noise to hear from leading voices at the front lines of medicine about the role that gluten, a source of much confusion lately, plays in our health. We’re explore the gut-brain axis and "microbiome", an emerging new field of interest, which has stunning implications for our health. Lastly, we’ll cover our "always on" lifestyles and its effect on our brains.
Other topics covered:
- How to minimize dementia risk factors, starting today
- How you can control your gene expression, even if you have Alzheimer’s in your family
- The science behind why a common supermarket food may provide an alternate fuel source for ailing brain cells
- How to protect and grow new brain cells at any age, and optimize memory and cognition
- The newly discovered self cleaning mechanism in the brain and how to maximize it
- Board-certified neurologists who are taking drug-free integrative approaches to dementia patients, and seeing stunning results
- The future – What will brain disease look like 5, 10, 20 years from now? What are the most exciting developments underway today? Who is leading the charge?
Interviewees in the Movie:
Join the AdventureTo find out more about the movie or to lend your support, go to the film's KickStarter page at: BREAD HEAD: Can we prevent America's most feared disease?
- Huffpost Live