See how local stores and restaurants have stepped up to be welcoming and understanding to customers dealing with the day to day challenges of Alzheimer's.
Info below video...
How Can Businesses Help?
- Be aware of behaviors commonly associated with Alzheimer’s.
- Be understanding of any challenges someone with Alzheimer’s may have.
- Assist with interactions.
Alzheimer’s Caregivers May Become Isolated
The caregiver role is a challenging one. The majority of those surveyed say it’s difficult, and can be overwhelming. Home Instead surveyed 692 Alzheimer’s family caregivers, including 102 from Canada and 590 from the U.S., who completed an online survey between April 13-23, 2015.
- 74% of caregivers report they and their loved one have become more isolated.
- 87% leave the house less frequently with their loved one.
- 62% stay home, spending less at local businesses.
- 55% say staying home is just easier
- Find out about Alzheimer's Friendly Business education at AlzheimersFriendlyBusiness.com.