Vision loss is typical in dementia. So what does the world look like to a person with Alzheimer's? Teepa Snow will help you see. Watch her tips to learn what you can do.
This video clip is an excerpt of "The Journey of Dementia", a 3 hour training DVD for Alzheimer's/Dementia Caregivers, with Teepa Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA.
Continued below video...
Teepa Snow DVDs on Amazon.com:
"The Journey of Dementia" is packed with over 3 hours of essential preparation tips and advice to give you vital information for all situations. You will learn to
- make the most of doctor's visits
- get proper screenings to determine the stage of the disease and the best level-appropriate care
- look for vital legal and financial documents that need to be prepared before the disease progresses
- give the best possible support during Emergencies
- to determine when and if facility placement is the best choice
- find the best End of Life care
- "The Journey of Dementia" is presented by The Pines Education Institute of SW Florida and facilitated by Teepa Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA. The Pines Education Insitute is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing education, outreach programs, support, resources and counseling to family members and geriatric caregivers. For more information please visit www.pinesofsarasota.org.