Monday, October 26
Looking for Lewy Body Dementia
A free tool by the Lewy Body Dementia Association helps patients, family and professionals identify symptoms quickly and easily. Find out more and download the tool.
Dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB) is the most misdiagnosed form of dementia. 80% of people are initally misdiagnosed, 50% of the time as Alzheimer's. It is one of the two forms of Lewy Body Dementia (LBD).
To help solve this problem, the checklist at the link below is designed to help patients identify symptoms.
A second page is included for physicians, which includes the criteria for diagnosing dementia with Lewy bodies.
While LBD also has many other symptoms, this abbreviated symptom checklist only focuses on those that help to diagnose LBD.
This free patient checklist from the Lewy Body Dementia Association can be downloaded and printed for unlimited use by both medical practices and individuals who want to discuss LBD with their doctor.
FREE: Click here to download the LBD Diagnostic Symptoms Checklist. (PDF)
- Marijuana Chokes Alzheimer's-Related Brain Regions
- 11 Tips on Personality & Behavior Changes in Alzheimer's
- Vascular Dementia Caused by Plaque on Arteries
- Alzheimer's Lesson 1: Love is Ever Evolving
- Big No-no's in Dementia-Design
- Holiday Hints for Families Living with Alzheimer's
- Turmeric Spice Drug Shows 7 Brain Benefits
15 Simple Things You Can Do to Know You Are Trying Your Best for Parents with Dementia or Memory Loss
ALZHEIMER'S & DEMENTIA INFO
VIDEOS & ARTICLES