Hospital stays are, inevitably, part of life with dementia. Care Expert Teepa Snow offers tips on providing a more positive hospital stay.
This video is an excerpt from Teepa Snow's latest DVD, "The Inevitable Hospital Stay - How to Advocate for Your Loved One with Dementia."
Continued below video...
This video clip is an excerpt of "The Inevitable Hospital Stay - How to Advocate for Your Loved One with Dementia", a 2 hour training DVD for Alzheimer's/Dementia Caregivers, with Teepa Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA.
Learn with Teepa Snow:
- Why hospitals are the most dangerous place for people with dementia, and how you can positively impact the outcome of your loved one's stay
- Which possible problems may arise, and how to overcome them
- How to ask the right questions and make the best choices when speaking to medical staff
- Which drugs are commonly prescribed in hospitals that can have severe side effects for your person with dementia
- How to detect pain and find comforting solutions
- Which items to discuss with family members and how to work as a team throughout this journey
- Pines Education Institute of Southwest Florida