Learn to help your loved one get the right diagnosis. See Teepa show what to do, how to act, and which questions to ask the doctors.
Getting a diagnosis for a loved one is as much about knowing what to ask as it is about how to ask it. In this video, Teepa Snow offers a rich batch of helpful diagnostic tips.
This video clip is an excerpt of "The Journey of Dementia", a 3 hour training DVD for Alzheimer's/Dementia Caregivers, with Teepa Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA.
Preparation and readiness are key to being the best possible caregiver you can be! "The Journey of Dementia" is packed with over 3 hours of essential preparation tips and advice to give you vital information for all situations.
You will learn to:
- Make the most of doctor's visits
- Get proper screenings to determine the stage of the disease and the best level-appropriate care
- Look for vital legal and financial documents that need to be prepared before the disease progresses
- Give the best possible support during Emergencies
- To determine when and if facility placement is the best choice
- Find the best End of Life care
- "The Journey of Dementia" is presented by The Pines Education Institute of SW Florida and facilitated by Teepa Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA.
The Pines Education Insitute is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing education, outreach programs, support, resources and counseling to family members and geriatric caregivers. For more information please visit www.pinesofsarasota.org.
© 2012, Pines Education Institute of S.W. Florida and Teepa Snow